- 1 billion volumes in North American research libraries, 9% of US share in California
- 70 million volumes in storage
- 25 million volumes acquired each year
- UC collection growth an average of 1.94% each year
- Print redundancy across collections: Studies show varied results.
- average holdings for serial titles in worldcat is 13
- average holidngs for books in worldcat = 9, or a preservation horizon of 50 years at 0.999 .... and up to 40% of book titles have a single insitution holding
- ...so de-duplication opportunities may be less than imagined